Pizza Hut® x PAC-MAN Box Sweepstakes
PROVIDED BY PIZZA HUT, LLC
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF RECEIVING A PRIZE. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Period: The Pizza Hut® x PAC-MAN Box Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) begins at 12:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on March 15, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on March 26, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). The Sponsor’s time clock will be the official time keeping device for this Promotion. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Promotion are final. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
2. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to persons legally and physically residing inone of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and at least the age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry: 18 years of age in most states, 20 in Alabama and Nebraska, 21 in Mississippi. Employees, agents, directors of Pizza Hut, LLC (“Sponsor”), their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Promotion (“Promotion Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate Promotion.
By participating in this Promotion, participants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he or she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules; (d) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (e )agree to indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Entities from and against any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to participant’s participation in Promotion and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Promotion Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss or any other harm, suffered directly or indirectly from participant’s participation in Promotion or the receipt or acceptance, redemption, possession, use or misuse of the prize, and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action.
3. How To Participate: There are two (2) ways to enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period; 1. PAC-MAN Game via QR Code:, Purchase a Large Pizza Hut pizza at a participating Pizza Hut location and locate the QR code on the front flap of the limited-edition PAC-MAN box. Use your mobile device to scan the QR code where you will be redirected to the game URL and follow the prompts for how to play. Upon completing a game and receiving a score, you will have the option to share your score to your Twitter account and must (i) tag @PizzaHut and (ii) include the hashtags #PizzaHutARcade and #sweepstakes in your tweet to receive one (1) entry. It is free of charge to play the PAC-MAN game. The limited-edition PAC-MAN boxes are subject to availability, while supplies last. OR 2. Mail-In: To receive one (1) entry in the Promotion drawing without purchasing a Large Pizza Hut pizza or playing the AR game or sharing a score on Twitter, an eligible entrant may send an email with his/her complete name (no initials), valid e-mail address, street address (P.O. Boxes not accepted), city, state, ZIP code, and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY) to PHPR@yum.com (“Email Entry”). All entries must be received no later than March 26, 2021 in order to be eligible.
Although it is free to enter, standard data charges may be incurred if you use your mobile device to enter this Promotion.
Limit one (1) entry per person using only one (1) Twitter account/email address throughout the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry. Participant must not use more than one (1) Twitter account/email address to participate in Promotion. Message and data rates may apply if participant participates in Promotion via mobile device.
Please Note: The content of your tweet (if applicable) will not be judged and will therefore not increase or decrease your chances of winning.
Entry Tweet Content Restrictions: Entry tweets may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its discretion, any content that:
• is sexually explicit or suggestive; violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
• promotes illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
• must not feature, advocate, suggest, condone or treat in a humorous manner the excessive, underage or irresponsible consumption of beverage alcohol products;
• is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
• defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, companies or products;
• contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others;
• contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media);
• contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
• contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
• communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
• violates any federal, state or local laws, including without limitation, copyright laws.
4. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize: A retro PAC-MAN arcade machine. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $499.99.
5. Publicity Release: By participating in the Promotion, eachentrantgrants to Sponsor, and their representatives, affiliates, licensees and assigns, the right and permission to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit and all elements embodied in their entry, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and prize information and any other attributes, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, publicity, marketing, or a Promotion winner list or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
6. Prize Recipient Determination: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor on or about April 6, 2021 from among all of the eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received throughout the Promotion Period.
In the event of a dispute over who submitted the winning entry, the “authorized account subscriber” of the email address associated with the Twitter account (if applicable) at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the participant. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be required by Sponsor.
7. Prize recipient Verification: Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential prize recipient via Twitter direct message, public comment or email on or about April 6, 2021 and potential prize recipient must respond to Sponsor within 24 hours with the information requested to be eligible for prize receipt. If a potential prize recipient does not respond within the allowed period of time, or does not meet the eligibility requirements of these Official Rules, an alternate potential prize recipient may be randomly selected and notified. Potential prize recipient will be required to prove Promotion eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence and identity, which may include submitting a copy of a driver’s license, passport or similar government issued identification in addition to the execution of an affidavit of eligibility and liability release when notified of being a potential prize recipient. Providing a potential prize recipient is in compliance with the Official Rules and has successfully proven eligibility when required potential prize recipient will be determined to be a (“Prize recipient”). In the event of non-compliance by a potential Prize recipient, such potential Prize recipient shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Prize recipient shall be terminated and an alternative potential Prize recipient may be notified. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Prize recipient for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Prize recipient in event that a potential Prize recipient fails to comply with these Official Rules.
By participating in Promotion, Prize recipients acknowledge that Promotion Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the prizes and that Prize recipients will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the prize that Prize recipients deem appropriate.
8. Prize Terms: Exact model of arcade machine to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If for any reason a prize is unavailable or prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Promotion in its sole discretion and prize a substitute prize, or portion of prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Prize recipient. Promotion Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Prize recipients who are unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the prize. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the prize are solely Prize recipient’s responsibility. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PROMOTION ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prizes pictured in online television, print advertising, and other Promotion materials are for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the prizes will be made by Administrator and/or Sponsor.
9. Taxes: All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Prize recipient’s responsibility.
10. General Terms: Promotion Entities are not responsible if Promotion cannot take place, or if prizes cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, epidemic, pandemic, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Promotion Entities. If, for any reason Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation,infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Promotion Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Promotion, or any part of the Promotion. If Promotion or any part of the Promotion is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Promotion, notice will be posted on Pizza Hut social channels if time permits and potential Prize recipients may be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Promotion for clarification purposes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries or tweets that are: stolen, late, lost, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, or not received entries, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in Promotion, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Promotion related advertisements. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Promotion, errors in processing entries, identifying the Prize recipients,in the announcement of the prize and Prize recipient, and the delivery of the prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone,computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer system/softwareor mobile phoneor other portable electronic device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Promotion. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Promotion; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Prize recipient or Promotion Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Promotion; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A PRIZE RECIPIENT WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE RECIPIENT’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE RECIPIENT OF THE PROMOTION AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE RECIPIENT WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
As a condition of PARTICIPATING IN the Promotion, Participant agrees that: (i) under no circumstance will Participant be permitted to obtain prizes for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; (ii) PARTICIPANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY AND ALL ISSUES AND THAT all causes of action arising out of or connected with this PROMOTION, or any prize AWARDed, shall be resolved individually — without resort to any form of class action — by BINDING arbitration (by a single neutral arbitrator selected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) ; and (iii) any and all claims, judgments and prizes shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS OR PRIZES INCLUDE attorneys’ fees. This Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of texas.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Request for Names of Prize recipient and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Prize recipient (first name and state) must be made by May 12, 2021. For the names of the Winner and/or Official Rules: (i) send an email to PHsocialcare@yum.com with the subject line “Pizza Hut x PAC-MAN Box Sweepstakes” and (ii) write, as applicable, “Winner’s Name” or “Official Rules” in the body of the email. .
12. Provided by: This Promotion is provided by Pizza Hut, LLC. 7100 Corporate Dr., Plano, TX 75024.