Pizza Hut Delivery Tracker is first in category to send real-time text updates on delivery status
PLANO, TEXAS (May 8, 2017) – Pizza lovers no longer need to wonder when their favorite Pizza Hut pizza is about to arrive thanks to the launch of the Pizza Hut Delivery Tracker —the new order status tracker from Pizza Hut that allows users to keep an eye on their delivery at three critical times: the moment the order is received, the time the pizza is being made, and when the order is out for delivery.
The Pizza Hut Delivery Tracker is available to all digital delivery customers via the Pizza Hut mobile app or website. In a first for the national pizza industry, customers can opt to receive text alerts for updates on their delivery status without needing to reopen the app or web browser.
“The Pizza Hut Delivery Tracker was designed to give our customers the information they need, when they need it, about the status of their order,” said Chris Dargis, Chief eCommerce Officer, Pizza Hut. “Keeping it convenient and easy is what consumers tell us matters most when it comes to technology in the pizza category, and we believe our new Delivery Tracker does exactly that. With the added feature of receiving real-time text updates about their order, it’s never been easier to get a great-tasting pizza from Pizza Hut.”
The Pizza Hut Tracker is the latest in a series of digital enhancements launched by the restaurant company. These easy-ordering options include:
- Enhanced Digital Experience: Pizza Hut recently introduced a new ”mobile-first” pizza-builder ordering tool and will soon complete a “design refresh” across all digital ordering channels.
- Amazon Alexa: In December, Pizza Hut expanded ordering capabilities to include Alexa Voice Service for Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap, Fire TV, and Fire tablets.
- Social Sign-In: Customers can log in to their Pizza Hut account with Facebook for a quicker ordering experience. Currently, Pizza Hut is the only national pizza company that enables social sign-in via digital ordering platforms.
- Chatbot: Last year, Pizza Hut introduced a social ordering platform, or “chatbot,” for conversational ordering via Facebook Messenger and Twitter. The chatbot allows fans to quickly order Pizza Hut on the platforms where they already spend time.
- Reorder: Pizza Hut offers one-button reorder functionality, enabling digital customers to repeat their most recent order quickly and seamlessly.
- Quick Service & Easy-Pay: To streamline the pizza ordering and delivery experience, Pizza Hut also offers Visible Promise Time, Save Credit Card info, Popular Pizzas, and Visa Checkout fast-pay options.
Starting today, pizza fans nationwide can track their order while scoring the best pizza delivery deal – a large two-topping pizza online for just $7.99 or any specialty pizza for just $3 more.
The offer does not apply to other menu items, tax, delivery charge, or driver tip. Learn how Pizza Hut is leveraging the latest technology to make it easier than ever to order your favorite pizza by visiting PizzaHutAllAccess.com.
For more information, visit blog.pizzahut.com or to order now, visit www.pizzahut.com.
About Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), delivers more pizza, pasta and wings than any other restaurant in the world. The pizza restaurant began 58 years ago in Wichita, Kansas, when two brothers borrowed $600 from their mom to start a pizzeria.
What started out small has become the biggest pizza restaurant in the world and today operates more than 16,000 restaurants in 100 countries serving innovative pizzas, traditional favorites like the signature Pan Pizza, and much more. Pizza Hut also is the proprietor of the BOOK IT!® Program, which is a long-standing children’s literacy program used in more than 630,000 classrooms nationwide. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com. Follow Pizza Hut on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PizzaHut), Twitter (www.twitter.com/pizzahut) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/pizzahut).
*For all media inquiries, please contact Pizza Hut:
Doug Terfehr, 972-338-6992, Doug.Terfehr@yum.com
Courtney Moscovic, 972-338-8288, Courtney.Moscovic@yum.com