World’s Largest Pizza Company Gears Up for Busiest Pizza Day of the Year; Highlights Exclusive, Bold Crust Flavors
PLANO, TEXAS (January 26, 2015) – Not only is Sunday America’s biggest football game, it’s also the biggest pizza ordering day of the year, with Pizza Hut expecting to serve two million pizzas. That’s why Pizza Hut recruited head football coach Rex Ryan and quarterback Tony Romo for new campaign to challenge fans to embrace the company’s new game-changing Flavor of Now menu and not settle for crust without flavor.
In a new pre‐game commercial, Ryan – not one to shy away from a challenge – throws red Pizza Hut flags at fans, challenging them to take another look at their crust. Ryan even tosses one at Romo, who then replies “Not again!” See the full spot here:
“Rex Ryan and Tony Romo have a wealth of experience on both sides of a challenge,” said Carrie Walsh, chief marketing officer, Pizza Hut. “We can’t think of a better duo to light a fire behind America to be bold in their crust choices for America’s favorite football game.”
As fans prep for Sunday’s big game, Pizza Hut is ensuring there’s bold flavor option o the menu for every pizza lover, from Honey Sriracha and Salted Pretzel on the Flavor of Now Menu launched in November to the more recent debut of Gluten-Free Pizzas and Triple Cheese Covered Stuffed Crust. To plan ahead for you party and ensure no guest is left without bold flavor, pre-order your Pizza Hut pizza today at www.pizzahut.com.
What does one of the busiest pizza days of the year look like for the world’s largest pizza company? Check it out:
*Stats provided by Pizza Hut and based on 2014 data
- Two million Pizza Hut Pizzas sold for the big game – enough to cover football field twice!
- 1 million slices consumed
- One million pounds of cheese
- 600,000 pounds of sauce
- 60,000 Pizza Hut drivers on the road
- Pizza Hut lovers across the country! Top five Pizza Hut Pizza states:
- How do the big game states stack up in terms of Pizza Hut Pizza orders? Arizona ranks number 11, Washington ranks number 1 and Massachusetts ranks number 39
- Most popular Pizza Hut toppings:
- Italian Sausage
- Most popular Pizza Hut specialty order: Meat Lover’s Pizza
- Most popular Pizza Hut crust flavors:
- The Hut Favorite
- Salted Pretzel
- Toasted Parmesan
- Preferred Pizza Hut add-on: wings
- Pizza Hut peak delivery order time: 5:00 p.m. CST — 3 minutes before kickoff
- Pizza Hut peak carryout order time: 4:00 p.m. CST — 1.5 hours before kickoff
To learn more about Pizza Hut or order now, visit www.pizzahut.com.
About Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut, subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the world’s largest pizza company with $1 billion in global sales and more than 15,000 restaurants in 93 countries worldwide. In 2014, Pizza Hut was named the Harris Poll Equitrend® Pizza Brand of the Year and received the top score in Customer Satisfaction among limited-service restaurant chains from the American Customer Satisfaction Index® (ACSI). Pizza Hut began 57 years ago in Wichita, Kan., and is the proprietor of the BOOK IT!® Program, the longest-running, corporate-supported children’s literacy program in America.
*To connect with Pizza Hut:
*For all media inquiries, please contact Pizza Hut:
Doug Terfehr, 972-‐338-‐6992, Doug.Terfehr@yum.com