PLANO, TEXAS (February 5, 2015) – After revamping its menu with new specialty pizzas and crust flavors, Pizza Hut, the world’s largest pizza chain, recorded its biggest digital sales day in company history on Sunday.
The company, which also redesigned its digital apps and website late last year, tallied well over $10 million in digital sales, surpassing previous highs by halftime of the game on Sunday.
“Our biggest day of the year was only going to be made bigger following all the work we did late last year to take the entire pizza category to another level,” said Doug Terfehr, Pizza Hut spokesperson. “It takes a tremendous team to make this possible, and we couldn’t be more proud of our entire system for this effort.”
Pizza Hut introduced its Flavor of Now menu and new seamless digital platforms in November, now providing customers with a variety of sauces, drizzles and crust flavors, and more than two billion potential combinations on any pizza.
What does one of the busiest pizza days of the year look like for the world’s largest pizza company? Check it out:
*Stats provided by Pizza Hut and based on 2014 data
- Two million Pizza Hut Pizzas sold for the big game – enough to cover football field twice!
- 1 million slices consumed
- One million pounds of cheese
- 600,000 pounds of sauce
- 60,000 Pizza Hut drivers on the road
- Pizza Hut lovers across the country! Top five Pizza Hut Pizza states:
- How do the big game states stack up in terms of Pizza Hut Pizza orders? Arizona ranks number 11, Washington ranks number 1 and Massachusetts ranks number 39
- Most popular Pizza Hut toppings:
- Italian Sausage
- Most popular Pizza Hut specialty order: Meat Lover’s Pizza
- Most popular Pizza Hut crust flavors:
- The Hut Favorite
- Salted Pretzel
- Toasted Parmesan
- Preferred Pizza Hut add-on: wings
- Pizza Hut peak delivery order time: 5:00 p.m. CST — 3 minutes before kickoff
- Pizza Hut peak carryout order time: 4:00 p.m. CST — 1.5 hours before kickoff
To learn more about Pizza Hut or order now, visit www.pizzahut.com.
About Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut, subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the world’s largest pizza company with $1 billion in global sales and more than 15,000 restaurants in 93 countries worldwide. In 2014, Pizza Hut was named the Harris Poll Equitrend® Pizza Brand of the Year and received the top score in Customer Satisfaction among limited-service restaurant chains from the American Customer Satisfaction Index® (ACSI). Pizza Hut began 57 years ago in Wichita, Kan., and is the proprietor of the BOOK IT!® Program, the longest-running, corporate-supported children’s literacy program in America.
*To connect with Pizza Hut:
*For all media inquiries, please contact Pizza Hut:
Doug Terfehr, 972-‐338-‐6992, Doug.Terfehr@yum.com